Composers Concordance presents 'Estonian Connections,' featuring flutists Maarika Järvi and Monika Mattiesen, bassoonist Martin Kuuskman, and the CompCord Ensemble, conducted by David Rozenblatt.
Cultures collide as works by contemporary Estonian composers are heard alongside those from American composers, inspired by the event's theme. Premieres include 'The Man Who Loved Locks,' based on Estonian legend, with music by Gene Pritsker and poetry by Erik T. Johnson as well as the premiere of 'Menage à trois' by Mari Vihmand.
- Maarika Järvi, Monika Mattiesen - flutes
- Martin Kuuskmann - bassoon
- Franz Hackl - trumpet
- Gene Pritsker - e. guitar
- Jay Elfenbein - bass/viola da gamba
- Erik T. Johnson - poet/narrator
- Sebastian Pritsker, Jeffrey Kishinevsky - vocals
- David Rozenblatt - conductor/percussion
Leonard Nimoy Thalia
Expected Run Time is 70 minutes