The German Forum is undertaking this exciting project, for the first time we will present a concert version of a new opera: CLARA by American composer Victoria Bond. The Libretto was done by Barbara Zinn Krieger. The opera’s world premiere took place this year at the 2019 Easter Festival in Baden Baden, Germany.
The Karajan-Akademie der Berliner Philharmoniker e.V. presented the fully staged production at the Theater in Baden Baden. The opera received rave reviews and was performed over the duration of two months in Germany.
This abbreviated concert version will be presented by the German Forum with reduction of the orchestral score for piano, violin and cello.
We are so excited that composer Victoria Bond has agreed not only to coach our ensemble, but also to conduct the performance at Symphony Space on Friday, November 8, 2019.
- Clara Schumann - Christine Reber, soprano
- Robert Schumann - Jonathan Estabrooks, baritone
- Friedrich Wieck (Clara’s father) - Robert Osborne, bass-baritone
- Johannes Brahms - Heejae Kim, tenor
- Sumina Studer, violin
- Babette Hierholzer, piano
- Thilo Thomas Krigar, cello
Leonard Nimoy Thalia Theatre
Expected Run Time is 120 minutes