The House Manager’s primary responsibility is to ensure the comfort, safety and security of our patrons. The House Manager assures that all front of house protocols are met.
Additional Responsibilities & Duties Include:
- Supervise, assign and oversee ushers and volunteers.
- Assure that safety and security protocols are met.
- Work closely with the box office and production management to resolve seating issues and assure prompt curtain times.
- Inform appropriate Staff of maintenance needs of the theatre spaces; including working with the Production Support Staff with regard to temperature control.
- Track attendance at performances. Supervise operation of concessions.
- Become knowledgeable about first aid and willing to take instruction in CPR and to be certified as a Fire Guard for the theatre.
- Assist and monitor volunteers, including, specifically concessions; provide inventory accounting of concessions after each event; and other duties, as assigned
- In all ways, act in the best interests, health and safety of the patrons and the property of Symphony Space.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Have prior customer service experience
- Must be personable and committed to providing a top-notch patron experience.
- Be highly organized, detail-oriented, and dependable and able to work well under pressure.
- Able to work with the public and as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain a flexible and diverse work schedule; weekly schedule of 10-15 hours generally available / WEEKEND SCHEDULE MAINLY, daytime and/or evening.
- WEEKEND (SATURDAY & SUNDAY) availability is a MUST.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn electronic operations and theatrical equipment.
Starting wage: $17.00/per hour
Interested persons should send a cover letter and resume to Corinne Maikarfi, Head of House Management at [email protected]