How Personally Identifiable Information Is Collected
We only collect personally identifiable information about you when you specifically and knowingly provide such information voluntarily. You can browse the Sites without submitting any personally identifiable information. We may gather personally identifiable information about you (including, but not limited to, your name, street address, telephone and facsimile numbers, e-mail address, and credit card information) during the following interactions:
- When you become a Symphony Space member or renew your membership;
- When you make a donation to Symphony Space;
- When you place an order through the Symphony Space online store;
- When you participate in a Symphony Space survey;
- When you purchase tickets for a Symphony Space performance;
- When you sign-up for an e-mail newsletter; and
- In connection with content submissions and suggestions.
How Non-Personally Identifiable Information Is Collected
You also should be aware that non-personally identifiable information and data may be automatically collected from you when you are visiting our Site through the standard operation of our Internet servers. Non-personally identifiable information collected from you when you are visiting our Sites may include user IP addresses, browser types, domain names and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our Sites.
Use of Your Personally Identifiable Information by Symphony Space
Symphony Space primarily will use your personally identifiable information for the purpose of fulfilling your order for products and services, to provide a wide array of products and services to you, to enhance our services, and, when applicable, to provide you with the benefits of membership in Symphony Space.
We may use your personally identifiable information to e-mail and/or mail you periodic offers and information about Symphony Space products, services and events. All such e-mails will offer you the option to be removed from our e-mail list by replying with the instruction "unsubscribe" in the subject line of the e-mail. Furthermore, you may opt-out of receiving such promotional offers at any time as set forth below. If you wish to be removed from our postal mailing list, you may do so by contacting Symphony Space directly at email@example.com.
Information Shared with Third Parties
Symphony Space will not share your personally identifiable information with third parties, except in the following situations:
- We may occasionally make personally identifiable information available to select other organizations, including but not limited to, non-profit arts organizations, affiliated organizations, companies or organizations with whom we have a contractual or sponsor relationship, or in connection with an asset transfer. If you do not want us share your name and mailing address with these other organizations and would like to opt-out of being included on these e-mail and/or postal mailing lists, please e-mail us with your request to opt-out (and instruction as to whether your request to opt-out applies to the e-mail list, the postal mail list or both) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We may disclose your personally identifiable information in special cases, when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to protect the safety, property or other rights of our users or the public. We also may disclose your personal information if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, a subpoena, or other legal process.
You should be aware that if you voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information in e-mail or other communications with third parties listed on our Site, that information, along with any other information disclosed in your communication, can be collected and correlated and used by such third parties and may result in your receiving unsolicited messages from other persons. Such collection, correlation, use and messages are beyond our control. To the extent the Site contains links to third-party sites, such as, for example, a link to a third-party site for the purchase of tickets to Symphony Space performances, we encourage you to review those sites’ respective privacy policies to determine how those sites collect and use information.
We may use non-personally identifiable information collected from you and other users to perform statistic analyses of user behavior and characteristics. We use this information to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the Site. We provide such non-personally identifiable information to third parties, but only in an aggregated form.
Security of Information
We want your personally identifiable information to remain as secure as possible. We use commercially reasonable security measures to protect your information, including, but not limited to, physical security and restricted access to information.
With regard to online security, we strive to provide secure transmission of your information from your computer to our servers through industry-standard techniques. To help ensure the integrity and privacy of the personally identifiable information you provide to us via the Internet in connection with credit card transactions, we generally use Secured Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology in transmitting such personally identifiable information over the Internet to our servers.
Opt-Out of Promotional Offers
If, at any time, you decide you do not want to receive promotional communications from Symphony Space or third parties at any time, you may do so by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Please note that if you decide to opt-out, your preference will only affect future contacts; if information has already been provided to third parties, they may continue to use it. Also note that although we will use reasonable efforts to remove your personally identifiable information from our database, it may not be possible to delete all such information without some residual information remaining due to back-ups and records of deletions.
Even if you do opt-out, we reserve the right to contact you as necessary in our sole discretion regarding your membership, any request you have made for services or products from Symphony Space, or any other matters that may be relevant to the information we collect.
Protection of Children's Personal Information
Symphony Space believes it is important to protect the privacy of children. The Sites are general audience websites not designed for or direct to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from any person we actually know is under the age of 13.
Symphony Space welcomes your comments regarding this privacy statement, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org; or by postal mail.
New York, NY 10025
Last Updated: August 12, 2009