|Home | Marketing Guidelines | Box Office Guidelines | House Guidelines | Technical Guidelines | Checklist/Deadlines | Contact Information|
Poster and Mailing List: Kristin Cook, Marketing Assistant, email@example.com, 212.864.1414 x225
USE OF THE SYMPHONY SPACE NAME AND LOGO
As you create your marketing and publicity materials including press releases, advertisements, flyers, postcards, posters or any other promotional piece, please keep in mind that we have strict guidelines for how we refer to our building and our organization and for the use of our logo.
- Though our institution is called Symphony Space, our building is called Peter Norton Symphony Space, and you must always refer to the location of your event as such. You should never use “Symphony Space” on its own unless you are specifically referring to the organization instead of the location.
- You are required to use our logo on all designed materials wherever you mention that your show is happening at Peter Norton Symphony Space, unless it falls within a sentence.
Click below to download the logo in either Adobe EPS format (for large reproduction) or as a JPG.
Peter Jay Sharp Theatre: EPS, JPG
Leonard Nimoy Thalia: EPS, JPG
- We must approve ALL promotional material prior to printing or distribution.
- If your event is in the upstairs theatre, refer to it as happening at Peter Norton Symphony Space, NOT the Peter Jay Sharp Theatre. There is no need to mention the Peter Jay Sharp Theatre anywhere in your materials. The address is “2537 Broadway at 95th Street.”
- If your event is happening in the Leonard Nimoy Thalia, refer to it as happening at “Peter Norton Symphony Space’s Leonard Nimoy Thalia,” or, alternately, “Leonard Nimoy Thalia at Peter Norton Symphony Space.” Note that the theatre is called the Leonard Nimoy Thalia, NOT the Thalia Theatre or Thalia Hall.
SYMPHONY SPACE WEB SITE
Every event at Peter Norton Symphony Space has its own event page on symphonyspace.org. We will take basic information from your Rental Application as the description of the event, but we encourage you to submit a lengthier description and up to five photos for your listing.
Each event listing at Peter Norton Symphony space consists of a description, on display with multimedia on the event's listing page. We may also edit the text for a shorter description on the summary page. Symphony Space may re-write the text you submit for the website or may ask you for additional information if there is too little.
If you wish to include photos, sound clips, and/or video clips, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Photos should be submitted as 72dpi JPG files, no larger than 800 pixels wide or 600 pixels high
When you submit changes, please make your requests clear and concise. We will not accept more than one requested change per day. Please keep in mind that the Symphony Space administrative hours are Tuesday through Friday, 9am-7pm. Most changes to your web listing will take one business day to go into effect.
If you choose to create a poster for our display cases please note the following guidelines:
- Symphony Space can print your poster for $125. Only .pdf, .eps (all text set to outlines) and .tif digital file formats will be accepted. Send posters via email to email@example.com or yousendit.com for larger files. Please note that Symphony Space will deduct the poster printing fee at settlement.
- Posters must be 27" wide by 63" high. Posters that are not this size will not be displayed. Posters should be designed high quality (at least 300 dpi).
- All posters displayed at Symphony Space must have our 4" footer flush at the bottom, listing our website and box office phone number, giving you 27" x 59" of design space.
Download the footer files here
- Symphony Space will determine the placement of your poster as well as the length of time it is displayed. Sidewalk displays are NOT guaranteed. Symphony Space reserves the right to NOT display a poster if we feel it is particularly out of place with the general aesthetic of our poster display.
- Please note that Symphony Space can only print and display your poster. We do not offer poster design services.
Please provide your printed program – in sufficient quantity and in a manner complete and ready for handout – to the House Manager no later than 3 HOURS prior to curtain. It is important that your program is printed on 8 1/2" x 11" paper folded in half to conform to the theatre "playbill" size. Ushers will slip your program into the Symphony Space House Program cover.
Renting Organizations are allowed a free one-time use of our postal mailing list (Postal mailing list only, not email list). Please contact Kristin Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know:
- How many names are you interested in, up to 5000. Please determine how many names you can afford to mail to before inquiring.
- Which list you are interested in: Theatre, Film, Literature, Dance, Music, Family.
- Whether you would like names from Manhattan only, all NYC boroughs or the entire Tri-State area.
- The contact information for the mailing house where we should send the list.
If you have materials (flyers, postcards, brochures) that you would like displayed in our lobby, please have them dropped off with the security guard in the main lobby to the Marketing Department's attention. Please DO NOT put materials in our lobby on your own.
Our LED marquee prominently displays upcoming programs happening at Symphony Space. Space permitting, your show title, along with date and time, will scroll across the marquee for the world to see! Symphony Space will determine the placement of your event on the marquee as well as the length of time it is displayed. Rental events are not featured on the marquee more than six days prior to show date, but you are guaranteed marquee placement day-of-show!
We prefer to receive all information, including photos, by email. Sending us your information electronically insures you the fastest turn-around time.
Please list your event date and name in that order in the subject line of your email.
Always cc email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.