About Changing Night
The Time: 2084.
The place: A germless Lab known as “The Garden.”
1. Allegro Grazioso - Adam awakes in the lab to find Eve gone. He can’t remember what happened to her and feels strangely different.
"What have we done
I feel undone"
2-3. Vivace Capriccioso - Adam tracks Eve’s escape route from the Lab. His body changing, and afraid of being caught, Adam jumps through a window falling amidst shards of glass.
“Virus gone viral
My life is on spiral
This can't be final
It's vital that I not stay idle”
4. Adagio, mesto - Red glass and blood jars Adam’s memory while reminiscing about his broken relationship with Eve.
“Things fall apart
No way to mend our broken hearts”
5. Presto - The Lab guards notice Adam is contaminated and drive him out of Eden entirely.
“Cast him out!
Drive him out!”
-Guardians of Eden
6. Molto Sostenuto - Adam sees Eve’s holographic image as she transmits the story of "The Apple."
“She speaks to me
I can pick up on her frequency”
7. Piu Mosso - Adam finally remembers what was done, and for the first time, sees the forest outside of Eden in the distance.
“I'm sorry my love
What's done is done
Can't be undone”
8. Tempo di Valse, moderato, con eleganza, un poco capriccioso - Half robotic animals emerge from the forest of circuits and branches, taunting Adam.
“This here is the forest
We don't play nice”
-Sonny the Squirrel
9. Subito prestissimo - The Animals attack Adam out of jealousy.
10. Subito: Molto sostenuto - “The Source” stops the Animals and Adam is cast into the river, sinking, safe from the song of the Source.
11. Allegretto un poco giovole - Adam, broken emotionally, and almost transformed, swims up to shore, cleaning wounds and formulating a way to recover his civilization. He seeks revenge by taming/enslaving the nature that wounded him. Can he co-exist or will he only dominate?
“Adam's revenge has become his best friend”
12. Allargando - Adam is capturing all the Animals. He is now free and has the desire to be violent, powerful, and invulnerable by assimilating the Animals’ digital information and wearing skins. The forest circuits become agitated with sparks in the trees.
“Catch and grab
Crush and Bash
Slice and dice
A creature’s life”
13. Subito allegro - Sparks and shocks go out of control; Adam causes huge forest fire.
“I didn’t start the fire”
14. Presstisimo - Trapped in the flames, the Animals deceive Adam and lead him to “The Source.”
“Bout to get caught
Bout to get got”
15. Allegro comodo - Adam is vulnerable as the Snake sneaks up.
“Adam stands there
Paralyzed by fear”
16-17 Sostenuto - Eve, fully transformed, saves Adam. Rain clears away fire and they embrace as twilight drops. The Snake’s final spark causes a huge power outage, turning off the sun. Holding hands, Adam and Eve watch as animals crawl away into forest, into complete darkness, lit by the single moon, revealing the half destroyed circuit city before them.
“Underneath our steel exteriors
Our hearts beat superior”
“Nothing but the night remains
Yet the moon glows proud”